At Thornhill Dental Surgery, we believe that the best way of making treatment affordable, without compromising our high quality of care, is to offer you a variety of Dental Health Maintenance Plans which are tailored to suit your needs. Our Dental Health Maintenance Plans aim to provide you with the treatment and support necessary to control dental disease and maintain optimum oral health.
Our modern health-promoting approach with continuing care means:
- More attractive teeth
- Less dental decay/gun disease
- Less likelihood of toothache
- Fewer fillings
- Increased likelihood of your own teeth for life
- More choice
- Reduced cost
Plan Levels and Fees
|Dental Health Maintenance Plans|
|Cost Per Month||£10.95 per month||£14.25 per month||£16.50 per month||£21.25 per month|
|Periodontal maintenance appointment time per year||60 minutes||60 minutes||80 minutes||120 minutes|
|Worldwide Trauma Insurance||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Emergency Call-out Insurance||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|20% discount on other treatment||✓||✓||✓|
Membership fees are paid by Direct Debit for your convenience. The monthly membership fee is subject to change but you will be notified in writing should this be the case. For full terms and conditions, please contact Practice Plan customer enquires on 01691 684120.
Plan benefits in detail
- Regular dental examinations (two per year) to provide:
- Clinical examination
- Screening for oral cancer
- Regular hygiene appointments (total time entitlement varies by plan) to provide:
- Periodontal maintenance
- Periodontal advice
- Preventative advice
- Preventative techniques to reduce decay and gum disease
- Assessment of emergency and dental pain with any temporary treatment required, carried out at the practice during normal practice hours.
- Clinical dental x-rays
- All treatment planning for your future dental needs
- Production of study models if required
- 20% reduction off any other clinically required treatment including:
- laboratory based treatments such as crowns, dentures and bridges
- fillings and extractions
- additional hygiene appointments and periodontal treatment
- Worldwide trauma and callout insurance:
- Worldwide trauma insurance to protect against the cost of large unforeseen accidental damage
- Emergency callout insurance should you need to see a dentist in a emergency anywhere in the world
- redundancy protection for you to 12 months
Insurance for peace of mind
Cover can be provided by any dentist worldwide who agrees to treat you. You simply pay the emergency callout charge to the dentist concerned and collect a receipted invoice. This will then be processed through your dental care plan for reimbursement from the insurers. This cover is to provide immediate pain relief only; no additional or restorative treatment fees can be claimed. You should return to Thornhill Dental Surgery in normal clinic hours for any further treatment required.
Cover is provided should you be unfortunate enough to suffer a dental trauma, such as a result of a road traffic accident or an accident at home or at work. The insurers will settle the claim up to the policy limits and you will need to pay any relevant excess.
Benefit is provided should you have to stay in hospital as a result of a dental trauma.
Permanent Facial Disfigurement
Benefit is provided should you become scarred on the neck or face as a result of the accident.
A payment will be paid upon diagnosis of oral cancer.
Plan premiums paid for up to one year (not included in the registration and insurance scheme).
How to register
Our Dental Health Maintenance Plans are designed to reward patients who have achieved dental fitness. New patients must first complete any clinically required treatment in order to achieve dental fitness on a private basis before registering for a Dental Health Maintenance Plan.
Once dental fitness has been achieved, please call in at the practice to complete a Dental Health Maintenance Plan agreement. This will require your signature and bank account details for the Direct Debit Mandate. Direct Debits are collected from your account on the 8th of every month. Any patient enrolling before 27th of the month will benefit from insurance cover from the 8th of the following month. Other benefits of the care plan start following receipt of 3 months direct debits.
Pre-existing conditions will not be covered by Dental Health Maintenance Plans. If you have any quires, please ask a member of staff.